Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sock Boots?

If you are reading this on the day it posted--- I'm actually out of town WOO HOO!!!! Very rarely does a little getaway happen, and this weekend my bags are packed and I'm gone.

Nothing terribly exciting, no tropical islands, no swaying palm trees, no exotic cuisine. But my dogs a swimming pool and good friends and family all in a day's drive.

My next door neighbor moved and her mail somehow ended up in my door, the Christmas 2008 catalog of The L*akeside Collection. Check these out!!! Knitted sockboots................ for under ten bucks. Of course the yarn is not of the highest quality and who knows where they are imported from. It sort of made me sad really.

Moving past the more than likely imported from some country where no one is paid a living wage---- the catalog does have some rather interesting things in it. I'm not going to buy but a girl can certainly look!

Thanks to the date posting feature on B*logger----- I didn't even have to get out of the pool to write this!

2 comments:

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

I bought realboots in NH specifically because they had knitted tops. I cannot wait to reknit them.

Jenny Girl said...

These are cute boots, but my feet don't ever get that cold!
Hope you are having a lovely vacation!